Do you want to eat chemical and pesticide free foods and live a healthy lifestyle?
Then, visit and participate in the 6th Negros Island Organic Farmers Festival – the first and biggest organic festival in the Philippines!
The festival will be held for five days at the Organic Market and the Provincial Capitol grounds, along Gatuslao Street, Bacolod City.
It will start on Friday, December 16, 2011 until Tuesday, December 20, 2011.
What do you expect if you visit and participate in the festival?
The following are the major events during the festival which you can participate to your heart’s content.
1. Trade Fair Exhibit of certified organic products.
2. Organic Cookfest, an Organic Cooking Demo by the Top Chefs and Restaurateurs in the country, including Negrense chefs and restaurateurs.
3.Market Matching – Chefs and Restaurateurs with Farmers and Fishermen.
4. Organic Cooking Competition.
5. Econ quizbee, Song-writing.
6. For a on sustainable organic technologies; access to market and development funds for farmers, and health and wellness.
7. Sale of artisanal, native, sustainable, vegan, eco-friendly, indigenous, local food and non-food products from social enterprise
8. Exhibit of arts, crafts, painting and more.
So, while in the festival, you can see the 100 exhibits showcasing the different organic products.
You can learn organic cooking from the top chefs and get to know some well-known restaurateurs, and meet organic farmers from all over the country.
You can feast on the variety of certified organic produce.
If you love farming, you can update on the sustainable organic, natural and biodynamic farming and eco-friendly appropriate technologies.
The festival, with the tagline “One Food, One Life, One Island” is sponsored by the Provincial Government of Negros Occidental, in partnership with the Department of Agriculture, the Negros First Development Agenda of Gov. Alfredo G. Marañon, Jr., in cooperation with other sponsors.
See you all in the 6th Negros Organic Farmers Festival!